Our Relationship with the Medical Community
Helping families access health care in the Fort Worth area
In order to improve the health and well-being of children coming to the Fort Worth area for medical care, RMHFW relies on strong partnerships with the medical community – relationships that have been nurtured and have grown since 1981. Because of this, we can address health care needs for children and families through:
- A “home-away-from-home” in one of our 57 family guestrooms in our 55,000 square foot House, located within walking distance to Cook Children’s Medical Center, Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth and Baylor Scott & White All Saints Medical Center.
- The Ronald McDonald Family Room located within Cook Children’s Medical Center.
- The Day Program provides opportunities for individuals not staying at the House to visit, relax and grab a meal.
- The Hospitality Cart program offers items to visitors at Cook Children’s Medical Center and Baylor Scott & White All Saints making it easier for family members to stay near their sick child.
Medical professionals contribute to RMHFW in a variety of different ways:
- They are actively engaged as members of the RMHFW board of trustees or on the advisory board.
- They provide space within Cook Children’s Medical Center for our Ronald McDonald Family Rooms.
- They assist with operating costs and donations of in-kind services.
- They volunteer their time and services with House programs.
This kind of critical support enables us to expand our program capacity and help change children’s lives.