It takes a lot of hands to help families feel the love when they are dealing with their child’s illness
Total Volunteer Impact 2019 & 2020
4,042 Volunteers served 23,066 hours
Yellow Shoe Crew Impact 2019 & 2020
72 students served 1,530 hours
COVID-19 Updates for our Student Volunteer Program: During this time, our student volunteer program is adjusted to allow for students to volunteer with new guidelines.
The student volunteer program at the Ronald McDonald House of Fort Worth (RMHFW) is known as the YELLOW SHOE CREW (YSC). This group supports the mission of the House by performing various tasks that help maintain the comfort of our guests and boosting the morale for both families and children.
JOIN YSC TODAY!
Who We Are:
The RMHFW Yellow Shoe Crew consists of students from Fort Worth and the surrounding communities.
What We Do:
YSC members participate in a number of activities, including, but not limited to:
- Organizing, supporting & attending RMHFWactivities & events
- Assist with maintaining the daily upkeep of RMHFW
Yellow Shoe Crew Requirements:
- Member must be an enrolled student in good standing in junior high school, high school or actively studying a home school curriculum
- Commit to volunteer two (2) shifts per month. Shifts are available in 3-hour increments every weekend.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and able to provide evidence of vaccine. The vaccine must be completed prior to volunteering
- Must be fully vaccinated against seasonal flu virus and able to provide evidence of when the vaccine was received. Flu vaccines are typically available beginning in August of each year. Volunteering prior to receiving the flu vaccine is acceptable with the understanding that a flu vaccine will be administered at the appropriate time. Evidence of inoculation must be provid
The college student branch of the student volunteer program at the Ronald McDonald House of Fort Worth (RMHFW) is known as the Blue Show Crew (BSC). This group provides students with networking and leadership opportunities.
Who We Are:
The BSC consists of college and university students from Fort Worth and its surrounding communities.
What We Do:
BSC members participate in a number of activities, including but not limited to:
- Organizing, supporting, and attending RMHFW activities and events
- Networking opportunities with RMHFW’s young professionals’ group, the Red Shoe Society
- Spreading awareness of RMHFW’s mission to the community through marketing and fundraising
- Mentorship of Yellow Shoe Crew (YSC), Student Volunteer program for high school students
Blue Shoe Crew Requirements:
- Member must be an enrolled student in good standing in their college or university
- Students aged 18 or older are required to have a background check before acceptance into the program; please contact Tonja Sparks, Volunteer Services Manager, for more information).
- Commit to one (1) networking event and one (1) student-led (fundraising) event per quarter.
- Members should join 1 (one) or more subcommittees (non-binding) that they are interested in.
- Submit the completed interest form to the Volunteer Office in one of the following ways:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: (817) 870-0241
- Mail: 1001 8th Avenue, Fort Worth, TX, 76104 (Attn: Volunteer Services Manager)
- Volunteer Services Manager will contact the student to schedule a date for a phone interview once the completed interest form is received.
- Following the interview, applicants will be immediately notified of their acceptance.