Put your expertise to work
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities of the Ronald McDonald House of Fort Worth. We are conveniently located in the hospital district of Fort Worth and within easy walking distance to the major hospitals. The RMHFW community is committed to the organization’s mission. If you are a dedicated professional who can provide a superior experience for our families, we welcome the opportunity to discuss employment opportunities with you.
Note: Employment with RMHFW requires the following:
- Evidence of COVID-19 and seasonal flu vaccination must be provided prior to the first day of work.
Development Coordinator, Development Team
Reports To: Development Manager
Direct Reports: None
WORK HOURS: Full-time non-exempt (FLSA) position, 40 hours/week: Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm. Some evening and weekend hours may be required.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB: Send your resume, cover letter with salary expectations to email@example.com.
OVERVIEW: The Development Coordinator will serve as an integral member of the development team and work directly with the Development and MarComm teams to support the overall fundraising mission by managing annual special events, third-party events, development related House events, donor relation events and other events. The ideal candidate will have a passion for the RMHFW mission; enjoy the fundraising field, LOVE special events and working with stakeholders. This position requires a highly motivated, creative, and organized professional with excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
Special Event Management
- Create and manage master planning timeline for all special events
- Serve as the manager for special events by collaborating with Development team on sponsorships, MarComm team on marketing materials and potentially a hired Event Consultant on event logistics.
- Collaborate all event collaterals (program/bidder paddles, signage and other print materials) with MarComm team
- Meet regularly with Development Manager for status updates on sponsorship goals
- Prepare ROS and script for all special events and set meetings with key players to review prior to events
- Responsible for soliciting, recording and organizing all auctions and raffles for special events
- Maintain all event records including sponsorships and auction items in Greater Giving
- Collaborate with Database Coordinator to generate timely thank you letters for all auction and in-kind event donations
- Work with event chairs to organize special event committees and all activities for these committees
- Produce event reports as needed for the Development and Finance teams
- Meet with CDO and CFO to manage special event budgets and contracts
- Work with CFO to execute payments to vendors at special events
- Plan post event wrap up events and celebrations
Third-Party Event Management
- Create a plan and prospect list to increase third-party event revenue
- Coordinate and execute third-party fundraisers and peer-to-peer fundraisers
- Solicit, cultivate and steward relationships with third-party fundraising donors
- Manages a portfolio of 50 or more third-party donors and prospects, including research and moves management plans
Other Event Management/Duties
- Assist Development team by planning and executing donor cultivation and stewardship events
- Work with House Relations team on coordinating annual tree-lighting event if needed
- Support development team with assistance on special projects
- Attend community events, networking events, conferences, education programs and online training to further fundraising knowledge and professional development
- Collaborate with the RMHFW MarComm on all marketing needs for third-party events, donor cultivation and other events
- Work with Volunteer Services Manager on coordinating volunteer needs for all event
- Performs all other duties as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee may be required to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Experience in the non-profit and special event fields
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
- Ability to function responsibly and autonomously
- Desire to help RMHFW families and make a difference in your community
- Positive attitude, flexibility, team player, creative and must have an acute attention to detail in writing and in managing multiple projects
- Excellent presentation, public speaking and community relations skills
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Knowledge of basic creative design principles and creative design software
- Donor database experience
House Relations Manager, House Relations Team
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
Direct Reports: Several
- Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Additional hours may be required outside of regular business hours or as set forth by the demands of the position, up to and including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB: Send your resume, cover letter with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The primary responsibility of the House Relations Manager is to supervise and support the daily operations of guest family services at the Ronald McDonald House of Fort Worth (RMHFW). This individual supervises the House Relations Team, including the House Relations Coordinator, Weekend Managers, and House Relations Support (Evening and Weekend Support). The House Relations Manager is knowledgeable of the mission, goals, and objectives of RMHFW and ensures that all RMHFW policies and procedures are appropriately implemented. The focus of the House Relations Manager is to see that guest families are well cared for during their stay at RMHFW.
- Supervises all House Relations Employees and conducts annual performance evaluations.
- Ensures that all shifts are covered by trained staff; may be required to fill in as needed.
- Ensures all services are carried out according to established policies and procedures.
- Ensures House Relations Staff deliver excellent customer service to guest families.
- Ensures accurate implementation of the referral, room assignment, and family registration procedures.
- Review daily census and room availability.
- Assign daily guest room readies to the Facilities Maintenance Coordinator and Housekeeping staff.
- Responsible for maintenance of family records in the database.
- Manages the Day Program.
- Facilitates open communication with referral sources to establish cooperative referral and support systems.
- Ability to respond and handle emergency situations and conflict management.
- Serves as the primary contact for after-hours guest family services issues.
- Serves in an on-call capacity during evenings, weekends, holidays, and inclement weather.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and strong verbal & and written communication skills.
- The position description is for informational purposes and is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities. Additional duties that are consistent with the responsibility level of the position may be assigned.
- In collaboration with the Chief Operating Officer, assists in promptly arranging repairs and maintenance of guest rooms.
- Ensures a high standard of health and safety.
- Coordinates with the Housekeeper and other contracted service providers as needed and related to guest rooms and family spaces.
- Communicates any facility issues to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Promotes an atmosphere of warmth and understanding. Demonstrates empathy and ability to relate to families in crisis.
- Interact appropriately and professionally with families, maintaining healthy boundaries.
- Works collaboratively with the Chief Operating Officer in managing guest challenges or issues.
- Demonstrates the ability to problem solve in non-standard family situations.
- Receives and responds to guest family’s complaints and concerns.
- Communicates with referral sources regarding family dynamics, special family needs, and unique situations.
- Ensures that all printed family information is current and updated.
- Provide support and direction to volunteers in collaboration with the Volunteer Services Manager and all other House Relations Staff.
- Promotes an environment of appreciation toward volunteers and activity groups.
- Encourages volunteer interaction with families.
- Participates in special events for RMHFW.
- Passion for the mission of Ronald McDonald House of Fort Worth.
- Demonstrates a professional manner in working with the Board of Directors, volunteers, staff, and community.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to relate to people of diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent presentation, public speaking, and community relations skills
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Attention to detail and ability to meet multiple deadlines while working in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Previous experience in working with a large and diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to make independent decisions, demonstrate leadership ability, and build relationships.
- Be dependable, a team player, flexible, and highly sensitive to and supportive of the mission of RMHFW.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience managing staff in a customer service or support position dealing with many people frequently.
- Minimum of 3-5 years administrative and customer service experience.
- Interact and work well in a team environment.
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong skills in interpersonal interactions, flexibility, and the ability to exercise authority and sound decision-making.
- Ability to function responsibly and autonomously.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficient in speaking and writing Spanish is a plus
- Reports to the Chief Operating Officer
- Work hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Additional hours may be required outside of regular business hours or as set forth by the demands of the position, up to and including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Less than 10% travel
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions
- Frequently/moves boxes weighing up to 20 pounds across office for various needs
- The ability to observe details at close range (within a few feet of the observer)
- The ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
- Constantly traverse the office to access file cabinets, machinery, position self, ascend/descent, and work atop to complete tasks
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Ronald McDonald House of Fort Worth is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the families we serve. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.