Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities of the Ronald McDonald House of Fort Worth. We are conveniently located in the hospital district of Fort Worth and within easy walking distance to the major hospitals. The RMHFW community is committed to the organization’s mission. If you are a dedicated professional who can provide a superior experience for our families, we welcome the opportunity to discuss employment opportunities with you.
CURRENT OPENING – posted Jan. 24, 2020
Development Coordinator, Development Team
Reports To: Development Manager
Direct Reports: None
WORK HOURS: Full-time non-exempt (FLSA) position, 40 hours/week: Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm. Some evening and weekend hours may be required.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB: Send your resume, cover letter with salary expectations and three references to email@example.com.
OVERVIEW: The Development Coordinator will work directly with the Development and Marketing Staff to support the overall fundraising mission by managing third-party fundraisers and assisting with special events, grant writing and research, speaking engagements, tours and donor database as the primary focus areas. The ideal candidate will have a passion for the RMHFW mission; enjoy the fundraising field, special events and working with donors.
- Coordinate third-party fundraisers and peer-to-peer fundraisers
- Solicit and cultivate relationships with third-party fundraising donors
- Attend Development Committee meetings, Red Shoe Society meetings, special event committee meetings and staff meetings as requested
- Work RMHFW special events and private functions
- Assist with all special events at the direction of the Development Manager; including being in office two working days prior and following events
- Assist with the Red Shoe Society (RMHFW Young Professionals Society) at the direction of the Development Manager
- Assist with donor cultivation and stewardship
- Assist development department with special projects
- Research potential funding opportunities for RMHFW
- Attend community events, networking events, and conferences to further fundraising knowledge and professional development
- Join professional organizations and seek community engagement opportunities
- Attend speaking engagements and charity fairs
- Performs all other duties as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee may be required to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Experience in the non-profit and special event fields
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
- Ability to function responsibly and autonomously
- Desire to help RMHFW families and make a difference in your community
- Positive attitude, flexibility, team player, creative and must have an acute attention to detail in writing and in managing multiple projects
- Excellent presentation, public speaking and community relations skills
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Knowledge of basic creative design principles and creative design software
- Donor database experience