It takes a lot of hands to help families feel the love when they are dealing with their child's illness
Through weekend volunteering and special activities, students between the ages of 14 and 24 raise awareness of and interest in the Ronald McDonald House of Fort Worth (RMHFW).
We are currently accepting applications for the Student Volunteer program. Please download the application at the right.
Who We Are:
The RMHFW Student Volunteer Program consists of students from Fort Worth and the surrounding communities.
What We Do:
RMHFW Student Volunteers participate in a number of activities, including but not limited to:
- Organizing, supporting & attending RMHFW activities & events
- Assist with maintaining the daily upkeep of RMHFW
Student Volunteer Program Requirements:
- Member must be an enrolled student in good standing in junior high school, high school or university or actively studying a homeschool curriculum
- Must between the ages of 14 and 24 (students between 18- 24 are required to have a background check before acceptance into the program, contact the volunteer coordinator for more information )
- Sign Statement of Expectations (made available at interview)
- Purchase Student Volunteer t-shirt ($15.00)
- Submit completed application with two references to Volunteer Office in one of the following ways:
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 817.870.0254
- Mail: Volunteer Coordinator 1001 8th, Fort Worth, TX 76104
- Student Volunteer Facilitator will contact the student to schedule a date for an interview, once the completed application & all references are received.
- Interviews will take place and references contacted
- Three (3) experienced Leadership Board Members conduct 15-minute interviews with applicant
- Following the interview, the Leadership Board notifies the students of standing by phone or email within one week
- Once accepted into the program, students must attend two training sessions before volunteering
- Group training session
- One training session with their assigned mentor
- After completing both training sessions the new student volunteer is ready to begin! Check the calendar below for available times and text 817-988-5070 for confirmation.
For further information about volunteering through the Student Volunteer Program, please contact Carolyn Hamilton at Carolyn.Hamilton@rmhfw.org or call 817-870-4942.
STUDENT VOLUNTEER LEAD FACILITATOR