It takes a lot of hands to help families feel the love when they are dealing with their child's illness
Through weekend volunteering and special activities, students between the ages of 14 and 24 raise awareness of and interest in the Ronald McDonald House of Fort Worth (RMHFW).
We are currently accepting applications for the Student Volunteer program. Please download the application at the right.
Who We Are:
The RMHFW Student Volunteer Program consists of students from Fort Worth and the surrounding communities.
What We Do:
RMHFW Student Volunteers participate in a number of activities, including, but not limited to:
- Organizing, supporting & attending RMHFW activities & events
- Assist with maintaining the daily upkeep of RMHFW
Student Volunteer Program Requirements:
- Member must be an enrolled student in good standing in junior high school, high school or university or actively studying a home school curriculum
- Must between the ages of 14 and 24 (students between 18- 24 are required to have a background check before acceptance into the program. Contact the Student Volunteer Facilitator for more information.)
- Commit to volunteer two (2) shifts per month. Shifts are available in 3-hour increments every weekend.
- Commit to volunteer for one (1) Special Event per semester.
- Purchase Student Volunteer t-shirt ($15.00)
- Submit completed application with two references to Volunteer Office in one of the following ways:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 817.870.0254
- Mail: Student Volunteer Facilitator 1001 8th, Fort Worth, TX 76104
- Student Volunteer Facilitator will contact the student to schedule a date for an interview, once the completed application & all references are received.
- Interviews will take place and references contacted.
- Student Leadership Board Members and Student Volunteer Facilitator conduct 15-minute interviews with applicant.
- Following the interview, applicants will be notified by phone or email within one week.
- Once accepted into the program, a 3-hour training is required prior to first day of volunteering. After completing the training session, the new student volunteer is ready to begin and will be emailed a link to our STUVO Shift Sign-Up Sheet.
For further information about volunteering through the Student Volunteer Program, please email Tonja.Sparks@RMHFW.org or call 817.870.4942.