Make a difference for thousands of people each year
Total Volunteer Impact 2019
3,939 Volunteers served 21,594 hours
Total Meals Impact 2019
658 Meals served by 3,721 volunteers totaling 14,163 hours
COVID-19 Updates for our Volunteer Program: During this time, our volunteer program is suspended. It is our sincere hope to welcome our wonderful volunteers back to the organization soon.
The volunteers of RMHFW serve in many ways, helping to make this organization a comfortable and supportive place for our families. Should you choose to give some of your time and talents to the House, either on a regular basis or as a project, we are certain that it will be a memorable and rewarding experience. The caring and cheerful volunteers of the RMHFW are the first voices families hear on the telephone and the first smiling faces they see at the door. Whether it’s planning and coordinating an evening family activity, supplying and cooking a meal for the families through our Meals from the Heart Program, being a part of our daily House volunteer staff, sharing your time at the Family Room, serving from our Hospitality Carts, or joining the Red Shoe Society, our volunteers bring our mission to life. If you are currently enrolled in any educational institution and between the ages of 14-24, you may be eligible to participate in the Yellow Shoe Crew, which is our student volunteer program.
House or Family Room Volunteer (Individual)
Anyone aged 18 years and older may apply for volunteer service. We ask that volunteers work regularly scheduled shifts, but we do allow for some flexibility of scheduling. Shifts are available seven days a week and include times of 9am – 12pm, 12pm – 3pm, 3pm – 6pm and 6pm – 8pm. Volunteers span all ages and have varied backgrounds, which is an advantage to our House. We will try to match skills and interests with the work and projects that need to be completed. Most importantly, we seek people who are eager to provide friendly, sincere support to our families.
House Volunteer Duties
Many services of volunteers are needed including: office assistance, greeting and hospitality, conducting House tours, cleaning and stocking the kitchen, staffing special events, mailings, or fundraising. We’ll make every effort to match you to an assignment with which you’ll feel comfortable. House Volunteer Requirements Prospective volunteers undergo the following steps prior to joining our volunteer force:
- Complete an application and provide references
- Complete a mandatory criminal background check; required for all volunteers 18 years and older
- Complete a volunteer interview, orientation and tour
- Receive on-the-job training with an experienced volunteer
Please Note: No community restitution or court-ordered volunteer can be accepted. Please contact the Volunteer Coordinator, with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or 817.870.4942.
The Ronald McDonald Family Room is located inside the Cook Children’s Medical Center PICU Waiting Room, and volunteers are screened through the Cook Children’s Medical Center Volunteer Department. You must apply directly through the hospital.
Group Volunteers or More than 8 People
Organized activities for groups larger than 8 or under the age of 14. If you have a large group and would like to support the Ronald McDonald House of Fort Worth, we have the following ways to get involved:
A House Needs Donation Drive
Encourage your group to collect items from our House Needs list and drop them off at the House. We would love to give your group a tour of the facility while you’re here.
Collecting pop-tabs is a great way to help give to the Ronald McDonald House of Fort Worth. Learn more about pop tabs.
Host a Fundraiser
As your company plans its philanthropic activities, please consider organizing a fundraiser to benefit the Ronald McDonald House of Fort Worth. Your company’s employees can help make a difference in the lives of sick children by organizing events such as golf outings, art gallery or restaurant openings, garage sales, and much more.
Group Volunteers or More than 4 People
- Plan a craft
- Host a movie night
- Music night
- Host a spa night
- Host a game night
- Host a specific holiday event or activity (Examples include: Easter egg hunt, mother’s day craft, etc.)
- Other ideas not listed here are welcome pending approval from RMHFW
- All Volunteers must be 14 years of age or older.
- Please limit the size of your group to no more than 4 people. It is extremely important that this guideline is followed as this will ensure a favorable volunteer experience for your organization and the RMHFW families.
- We can never guarantee the number of families/children who will be in the house to participate for an activity. Please be flexible and plan something that will adjust to all ages & group sizes. Whether you are working with 2 family members or 15- everyone is grateful for your participation!
- Activities typically take place in the evenings or on the weekends.
- All activities should last no more than two hours unless you are showing a movie.
- Please remind your participants that they should not come if they are not feeling well or if there is any possibility that they have been exposed to communicable disease. Any exposure could be very harmful to our families.
- We are a smoke-free facility! Smoking is not allowed anywhere on our campus.
- Our House is inter-denominational. Please, no religious overtone or inference should be used or made in the activities.
- Cancellations should be made as early as possible so we can properly notify the families.