The student volunteer program at the Ronald McDonald House of Fort Worth (RMHFW) is known as the YELLOW SHOE CREW (YSC). This group supports the mission of the House by performing various tasks that help maintain the comfort of our guests and boosting the morale to both families and children.
Applications are accepted year-round; however, admittance into the program is held once each semester. Spring semester deadline: December 31 | Fall semester deadline: May 31
Who We Are:
The RMHFW Yellow Shoe Crew consists of students from Fort Worth and the surrounding communities.
What We Do:
YSC members participate in a number of activities, including, but not limited to:
- Organizing, supporting & attending RMHFW activities & events
- Assist with maintaining the daily upkeep of RMHFW
Yellow Shoe Crew Requirements:
- Member must be an enrolled student in good standing in junior high school, high school or university or actively studying a home school curriculum
- Must between the ages of 14 and 24 (students between 18- 24 are required to have a background check before acceptance into the program. Contact the Student Volunteer Facilitator for more information.)
- Commit to volunteer two (2) shifts per month. Shifts are available in 3-hour increments every weekend.
Applications are accepted year-round; however, admittance into the program is held once each semester.
Spring semester deadline: December 31 | Fall semester deadline: May 31
- Submit completed application with two references to Volunteer Office in one of the following ways:
- Email: sparks@RMHFW.org
- Fax: 817.870.0254
- Mail: Student Volunteer Facilitator 1001 8th, Fort Worth, TX 76104
- Student Volunteer Facilitator will contact the student to schedule a date for an interview once the completed application & all references are received.
- Interviews will take place and references contacted.
- Two current YSC members and Student Volunteer Facilitator conduct 15-minute interviews with applicant.
- Following the interview, applicants will be notified by phone or email within one week.
- Once accepted into the program, a 3-hour training is required prior to first day of volunteering. After completing the training session, the new student volunteer is ready to begin and will be emailed a link to our YSC Shift Sign-Up Sheet.
For further information about volunteering with the Yellow Shoe Crew, please email Tonja.Sparks@RMHFW.org or call 817.870.4942.