The Ronald McDonald House of Fort Worth’s young leadership group is known as the Red Shoe Society (RSS). Through fundraising, volunteer efforts and networking events, these diverse professionals are dedicated to the RMHFW mission of offering a supportive, home-like community that eases burdens for seriously ill children and their families. Wearing red shoes identifies members of RSS who uphold the work of the organization.
On average, RSS raises more than $60,000 for the House each year. These funds help approximately 660 families stay close to their children by providing nights of lodging at the House. Join RSS today and YOU can make a difference.
RED SHOE SOCIETY GOALS
- Raise awareness of the mission of the RMHFW to the greater community
- Participate in fundraising events to help further the mission of the RMHFW
- Connect with families of the RMHFW through volunteer opportunities
RED SHOE SOCIETY BENEFITS
- By simply joining RSS, your dues will help house a family for a night
- Group volunteer opportunities
- RSS members serve a total of 12 meals a year to the RMHFW families through the Meals from the Heart program
- Peer networking opportunities
- Monthly events range from happy hours to concerts to cook-offs
- Discounted ticket prices to RMHFW special events
RED SHOE SOCIETY MEMBERSHIP
- Contact Madison Buckner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 817.820.8936 to learn more about RSS or set up a tour of the House.
- Attend monthly events; RSS provides the opportunity of one social event and one volunteer opportunity a month. See calendar below for upcoming events!
- Wearing red shoes identifies members of RSS who support RMHFW
- Commit to raise funds, awareness and connect with the families you benefit
BIG THANK YOU TO OUR 2019 MEALS FROM THE HEART SPONSORS!!
STAY UP-TO-DATE WITH RED SHOE SOCIETY EVENTS
2019 Executive Committee
Ali Baer, Chair
Jenni Barnett, Events Chair
Kyle Sederstrom, Membership Chair
Beth Johnson, Marketing Chair