Potential and Current Family Information
- HOW TO STAY
To stay at the Ronald McDonald House of Fort Worth (RMHFW) potential families MUST comply with the following:
- Both new and returning families must be referred by a hospital social worker.
- The patient must be 21 years or younger.
- On proposed check-in date, please call 817.870.4942 at 8:30 a.m. for room availability.
- All overnight guests 18 years of age and older must complete and pass a background check, which will be conducted after you call and IF we have room availability. Upon passing the background check, the family will receive a check-in time from a House Operations staff member. The cost of a background check for up to 4 adults will be paid by RMHFW. Any additional background checks will be $10.00 each at the family’s expense.
- If it has been more than one year since your last visit, all overnight guests 18 years of age and older must complete and pass a background check. (see above statement)
- Upon check-in, each adult staying at the Ronald McDonald House must present a valid government-issued photo ID.
- Check-in times are from 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. for new families and 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. for returning families unless prior arrangements have been made with the Chief Operating Officer or the Resident Manager. The office is closed from noon to 1 p.m.
- After 45 days of stay, 100 for bone marrow patients and 90 for premature babies, a family might be need to check-out for a period of two weeks. If additional days are needed, the family must have their social worker contact House Operations staff.
- Rooms can only be occupied by immediate family members and those extended family members who are directly involved in the care of the patient. No more than 5 persons per room.
- All patients under the age of 18 who stay at the Ronald McDonald House must be accompanied by an adult or guardian.
- If both parents are under 18 and unmarried, only one parent may stay and must be accompanied by his or her parent/guardian.
- If either or both parent is under 18 and married, proof of marriage is required to stay.
- DURING YOUR STAY
While staying at the Ronald McDonald House of Fort Worth, families MUST meet comply with the following:
- The RMHFW is a tobacco-free facility. A designated smoking area is provided.
- Visiting hours are 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- All visitors 18 and older to the RMHFW must receive a visitor pass from the front desk. A valid, government-issued ID must be presented for screening.
- All children under the age of 16 must be supervised at all times.
- Food and drink is ONLY allowed in the kitchen and dining room.
- Shoes or slippers must be worn at all times when outside your bedroom.
- Guests must clean up the kitchen after cooking, eating and drinking.
- No one under the age of 18 is allowed in the exercise room.
- All rooms are subject to periodic inspection by RMHFW staff.
- If any family member has been diagnosed with a communicable disease while staying at the House, or if any visitor is believed to have exposed residents at the House to such a disease, it is imperative to notify one of the staff members immediately. At the discretion of our Physician’s Advisory Board and/or House staff, it may become necessary for the family to leave the Ronald McDonald House.
- If you room is unoccupied for more than 24 hours, you will be asked to check-out.
- Parents/guardians are required to visit their child each day during their stay at the RMHFW.
- The RMHFW is a private, non-profit that does not engage in political or religious meetings. No public meetings of a political or religious nature will be allowed.
- This facility is designated for the benefit of children and their families. Unacceptable behavior, disorderly conduct or inappropriate attitudes as defined by RMHFW staff will not be tolerated. A family can be asked to leave at the discretion of House staff.
- WHEN YOUR STAY ENDS
When your stay ends at the Ronald McDonald House of Fort Worth, families MUST comply with the following prior to checking out:
- Bedding, as stated in the check-out form, is placed in a provided laundry bag and brought to check-out office
- Wash and dry all bathroom towels
- Take trash to the dumpster
- Vacuum or sweep the bedroom floor
- Clean the bathroom
When your stay ends at the Ronald McDonald House of Fort Worth, families ARE REQUESTED to comply with the following:
- A contribution of $20/night is requested from the family. Inability to contribute does not impact eligibility for future stays at the RMHFW.
- Complete the family survey
FAMILY ACTIVITIES CALENDAR
Please attend as many events as your schedule allows.
CURRENT FAMILIES INFORMATION
Call for a shuttle to the hospital
8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., M-F
4:30 p.m. – 8:00 a.m., M-F and weekends
Get Around Town with Cool Cars for Remarkable Kids
Visit the Check-In Office for the schedule and details
Vehicle courtesy of GM Financial
Tickets to Fort Worth-area activities
Visit the Check-In Office for details and list of area events and attractions