HOW TO STAY
Potential Guest Information
To stay at the Ronald McDonald House potential families meet the following criteria.
- The Ronald McDonald House serves families with ill children 21 years or younger.
- Both new and returning families must be referred by a hospital social worker.
- All overnight guests 18 years of age and older must complete and pass a background check. Upon passing the background check, the family will be placed on the Wait List for the desired check-in date. The cost of a background check for up to 4 adults will be paid by RMHFW. Any additional background checks will be $10.00 each at the family’s expense.
- If it has been more than one year since your last visit, all overnight guests 18 years of age and older must complete and pass a background check. (see above statement)
- Check-in/Check-out times are from 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. unless prior arrangements have been made with the Director of House Operations or the Resident Manager. Office is closed from noon to 1 p.m.
- Please call 817.870.4942 for room availability on the day you wish to check in.
- Each adult staying at the Ronald McDonald House must present a photo ID upon check in.
- After 45 days of stay (90 for bone marrow patients and premature babies), a family must leave the House for a period of two weeks before re-application can be made for another stay.
- Rooms can only be occupied by immediate family members and those extended family members who are directly involved in the care of the patient. No more than 5 persons per room.
- A donation of $20/night is requested from the family.
- A family can be asked to leave at the discretion of House staff.
- If any family member has been diagnosed with a communicable disease while staying at the House, or if any visitor is believed to have exposed residents at the House to such a disease, it is most important to notify one of the staff members immediately. At the discretion of our Physician’s Advisory Board and/or House staff, it may become necessary for the family to leave the Ronald McDonald House.
- All patients under the age of 18 who stay at the Ronald McDonald House must be accompanied by an adult or guardian.
- If both parents are under 18 and unmarried, only one parent may stay and must be accompanied by his or her parent/guardian.
- If either or both parent is under 18 and married, proof of marriage is required to stay.