Put your expertise to work
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities of the Ronald McDonald House of Fort Worth. We are conveniently located in the hospital district of Fort Worth and within easy walking distance to the major hospitals. The RMHFW community is committed to the organization’s mission. If you are a dedicated professional who can provide a superior experience for our families, we welcome the opportunity to discuss employment opportunities with you.
TITLE: Weekend Manager
REPORTS TO: Chief Operating Officer
WORK HOURS: Friday 4:00 p.m. – Sunday 4:00 p.m. – one weekend per month
APPLY: Send resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
SUMMARY: The primary responsibility of the Weekend Manager is to manage the operations of the Ronald McDonald House of Fort Worth. The Weekend Manager is knowledgeable of the mission, goals and objectives of the Ronald McDonald House of Fort Worth.
- Ensures front desk is staffed or Manager is reachable in the house during all hours of the weekend shift.
- Ensures clear communication with families on all RMHFW House policies and procedures, and intervenes in a disciplinary manner, if necessary.
- Communicates accurate eligibility criteria to referral sources and families.
- Responsible for accepting referrals from hospital social workers.
- Responsible for making room assignments.
- Assures that donations are documented.
- Responsible for kitchen/dining area during breakfast/lunch clean up.
- Responsible for check-in/check-out process.
- Communicates with the Chief Operating Officer regarding family issues.
- Works with Resident Manager to ensure effective transition of coverage.
- Supervises Housekeeping Staff and contract janitorial service during the designated work hours.
- Reports maintenance problems to ensure they are handled promptly.
- Monitors House activity and maintains control of the facility usage by families, volunteers, and all other guest.
- Maintains working knowledge of RMHFW Crisis Manual.
- Responds appropriately to emergencies and incidents in accordance with RMHFW policies
- Demonstrates an atmosphere of warmth, compassion and support to ensure a nurturing atmosphere at all times.
- Creates an atmosphere of hospitality and ensures the well-being and comfort of families.
- High School Diploma, some college preferred
- Ability to manage a communal environment
- Ability to effectively work with many different types of people
- Ability to be compassionate and supportive of families in crisis
- Ability to function as a team member
- Warm, intuitive personality
- Detail oriented and organized
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment, decision making ability and flexibility
- Excellent communication and assessment skills
- Dependable, able to work with minimal supervision
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Proficient in speaking Spanish, writing in Spanish is a plus.