RMHFW & the Medical Community
Helping to reach access to health care in the Fort Worth area
In order to improve the health and well-being of children coming to the Fort Worth area for medical care, RMHFW relies on strong partnerships with the medical community – relationships that have been nurtured and have grown since 1981. Because of this, we can address health care needs for children and families through:
- A home-away-from-home in one of our 57 family guestrooms in our 55,000 square foot House, located within walking distance to Cook Children’s Medical Center, Texas Health Resources, Harris Methodist Fort Worth and Baylor All Saints.
- The Ronald McDonald Family Room located within Cook Children’s Medical Center.
Medical professionals contribute to RMHFW in a variety of different ways:
- They are actively engaged as members of the RMHFW board of trustees or on the advisory board.
- They provide space within Cook Children’s Medical Center for our Ronald McDonald Family Rooms.
- They assist with operating costs and donations of in-kind services.
- They volunteer their time and services with House programs.
It’s this kind of critical support that enables us to expand our program capacity and help change children’s lives in the Fort Worth area.